A woman in her 60s has died and five other people have been injured after a man with 'significant mental health issues' allegedly 'went on the rampage' with a knife in a possible terror-related attack in central London.
Police confirmed a 19-year-old man was arrested after being Tasered in connection with a mass stabbing in front of horrified onlookers in Russell Square at about 10.30pm last night. He remains in hospital under armed guard.
Fears that the knifeman operated with an accomplice were raised in the early hours as the Met refused to rule out further suspects. One witness said he saw 'a man flee on a motorbike', while another described hearing a victim 'screaming and covered in blood'. Photos show what appear to be a bladed weapon abandoned at the scene. The incident occurred in the same area as where one of the 7/7 bombs detonated in 2005. The condition of those injured and the extent of their injuries is not known at present
- Meet Nigerians Elected Into the UK Parliament
- Six dead and dozens missing as massive blaze 'sparked by faulty fridge' engulfs 27-storey tower block in just 15 minutes
- Tyson Gay daughter death: Three held over shooting
- Congo’s President Is Preparing for War Against His Own People
- European oil companies shipping dirty fuel in Africa
Latest from Ella
- Forbes Releases List Of World's Highest Paid Celebrities 2017
- UPCLOSE | Serge Ibaka by Renée Rodenkirchen for Coveteur
- UPCLOSE | Ebonee Davis by Ricardo Rivera for The Cut as Tina Turner, Nina Simone, and More!
- UPCLOSE| Halima Aden by Felix Kim for CR Fashion Book
- UPCLOSE | LUISANA GONZALEZ BY MIGUEL REVERIEGO FOR VOGUE MEXICO & LATIN AMERICA JUNE 2017