Dr. Denis Mukwege's talk at the 2016 Oslo Freedom Forum.
Amidst violent unrest in the Congo, sexual abuse runs rampant. Few international figures know this as well as Dr. Denis Mukwege, whose clinic has treated 48,000 survivors of sexual violence since 1999. And while the numbers are staggering, the clinic’s approach to healing is also notable. Dr. Mukwege and his team take a holistic view, focusing on both physical and mental rehabilitation. But Dr. Mukwege isn’t satisfied with just treating victims of rape. He has become a powerful voice for stopping the violence in the Congo to stem the flow of patients into his clinic. He shared his moving story at the 2016 Oslo Freedom Forum.
- MK TV| The Man Who Mends Women: The Wrath of Hippocrates
- Muse Of The Day| Denis Mukwege: The rape surgeon of DR Congo
- Karabo Mokoena murder: Suspect charged in South Africa court + Singer, Niyola Speaks Out Against Domestic Violence
- Jordan removes marriage loophole for rapists
- MK TV | Watch: The Lost Girls Of South Africa